Doula Training Module 3
- Adapting care to the changing condition
- Record keeping using a case study-practical
- Volunteering standards
- Assessing risk
- “Dying on Line”
- Rites of passage
- Responses to death
- What to do after a death
- An introduction to traditional rituals (lamenting, use of oils and herbs, body blessings, healing and prayer)
- Working with funeral directors and the family
- Creating a sacred space
- Laying out the dead
- Supporting and helping the bereaved
- You matter-Looking after yourself.
- Starting a business ?
- Grounding meditation
On our End of Life Care Doula training course for only £1400.00 includes Foundation Course, Module 1, 2 & 3.
Please contact us directly for further detailed information and book your next Doula Training Course.
07904 461 982
To provide support to individuals during the last days of Life.
- Those who wish to work as End of Life Doulas (in paid/unpaid roles).
- Carers in care homes.
- Professionals requiring an update in end of life care practices.
- Gain knowledge in identifying the changes in a person at end of life.
- Provide meaningful and ritualistic observances.
- Caring for the dead and relating to others who care for the dead.
- Caring for the bereaved.
Assessment of the learning outcomes is met by: Portfolio
This final module draws together knowledge from the previous modules affording the participant the knowledge and skills to adapt care to the changing condition. We will discuss the influences of the dying as they “die on line” in today’s media savvy world. The module covers assessing risk, providing factual contemporaneous reports, and reviews volunteering standards.
We will discuss what is required after a person dies and who is involved as well as traditional rituals such a lamenting, applying oils and herbs, body blessings, prayers and healing. We will discus the notion of creating a scared space for the transition of the soul and laying out the dead. Further focus is given to supporting the bereaved and looking after yourself. The module concludes with basic information on starting your own business tips and pitfalls before a final grounding meditation.
- Stand Alone | 2 Days | £200.00
- Foundation Course | 4 Days | £500.00
- Doula Course (Foundation plus Modules 1, 2, 3 – assessed) | min: 120 hours of learning | £1400.00
If paying in full at the beginning of the Doula Training course a discount of £150 is applied and secures your place on all modules.
A non-refundable deposit of £200 to secure booking is required. All fees must be paid within four weeks of attending .
End of Life Care
Builds on training and education for people who may wish to offer their services (paid or unpaid) to people who are dying or supporting families of those who are dying.