- This event has passed.
Foundation Course 2
End of Life Care doula training Foundation Course 2 – 11th, 12th, 16th, 17th 18th April 2019.
Those wishing to practice as a Doula or feel they would benefit from further learning are required to undertake all four modules which is assessed via Portfolio.
Purpose/Aim: To support participants in developing the knowledge and understanding needed to be able to provide support for individuals, and others, in end of life situations.
- Those caring for the family members
- Funeral directors and celebrants
- Carers in care homes
- Professionals requiring a refresher relating to loss and bereavement
- Participant who wish to work as End of Life Doulas (in paid/unpaid roles)
Core Foundation module subjects include:
- Loss, grief and bereavement
- What is spirituality
- Exploring who You are (Thrive 365)
- Communication skills 1
- The palliative trajectory
- Stages of dying
- Advanced care plans
- Boundaries and Limitations
- Exploring Advocacy, Dignity and Respect, Right to refuse as case studies
- Cultural and religious practices
- End of life care plan
- Social health systems – who to work with
- Basic meditation (mindfulness runs through all 4 modules)
- What is a Doula ?
18 in stock