General Data Protection
On 25 May 2018, the current Data Protection Act was replaced by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and a new Data Protection Act. We will comply with the new legislation
This Privacy Notice sets out details of the information that Soul Companions and its staff may collect from you and how that information may be used. Please take your time to read this Privacy Notice carefully.
This Privacy Notice:
- provides you with a detailed overview of how we will manage your data, from the point at which it is gathered and onwards.
- will give you all the details you need on how we use your information, and how we comply with the law in doing so.
- sets out your rights in respect of your personal information, and how to exercise them.
The personal information that we collect will depend on your relationship with us. Generally, it is your personal demographic details and request for course dates, DBS checks and assessment outcomes. Personal information will include the following:
- Contact details, such as postal address, email address and telephone number (including mobile number)
- Payment details
- Emergency contact details, including next of kin
Information may be collected directly from you when you:
- Submit a query to us including through our website, phone, by email or by social media
- Complete enquiry forms on the website
- Apply to Soul Companions for the provision of End of Life Doula training & education
- Participate in that training and education
- Correspond with us by letter, email, telephone or social media.
To communicate with you, we are likely to do this by telephone, email, and/or post. If we contact you using the telephone number(s) which you have provided (landline and/or mobile), and you are not available which results in the call being directed to a voicemail and/or answering service, we may leave a voice message on your voicemail and/or answering service as appropriate.
We may ‘process’ your information for several different purposes, which is essentially the language used by the law to mean using your data. Each time we use your data we must have a legal justification to do so. You have a range of rights in respect of your personal data and these rights will be respected.We will use your personal information to:
- Ensure that your account and billing is fully accurate and up-to-date.
- Communicate with you and resolving any queries or complaints that you might have.
- Communicate with any other individual that you ask us to update about your training and assessment outcomes.
- Manage our business operations such as maintaining accounting records, receiving professional advice (e.g. tax or legal advice)
- Disclose to the accreditation organisation
We will only keep your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the relevant purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.Under Article 15(1) of the GDPR we must usually confirm whether we have personal information about you. If we do hold personal information about you, we usually need to explain to you:
- The purposes for which we use your personal information
- The types of personal information we hold about you
- Who your personal information has been or will be shared with, including organisations based outside the EEA.
- If your personal information leaves the EU, how we make sure that it is protected
- Where possible, the length of time we expect to hold your personal information. If that is not possible, the criteria we use to determine how long we hold your information for
- If the personal data we hold about you was not provided by you, details of the source of the information
- Your right to ask us to amend or delete your personal information
- Your right to ask us to restrict how your personal information is used or to object to our use of your personal information
- Your right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
- The right to erasure (also known as the right to be forgotten)
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
We may update this Privacy Notice to ensure that it remains accurate. If these changes result in any material difference to the manner in which we process your personal data then we will provide you with an updated copy of the Policy.We also need to provide you with a copy of your personal data if you wish it.
End of Life Care
At Soul Companions our training courses are prepared and delivered to ensure all participants reach their potential to enable them to take this journey with those who are dying.