End of Life Care
To meet the accredited course outcomes this will involve a series of virtual class room sessions plus e-learning and an assessed portfolio. To facilitate students applying from different time zones start dates will be provided based on number of applicants, so please enquire.
There will be a minimum of 14 hours of virtual class room attendance, plus, students hours of self-learning of about 120 hours.
It is intended to offer 2 sessions a week over 6 weeks or longer if the course work requires it. Please bear with me as the face to face programme translates into the virtual classroom hours.
Cost will be £875.00 and can be split into 4 monthly payments if required. Please contact us directly for further detailed information – 07904 461 982
Early bird fee of £799.00 for May & September courses if booked now.
I have long since advocated that student learning comes from networking and classroom involvement so to mitigate this students will be invited to participate on module 3 in the class room when this is running at no extra charge.
A resident weekend masterclass is planned which you may wish to join particularly relevant if you are only undertaking the virtual class. More information on this will be available after the COVID-19 outbreak clears so watch this space.
To join the next Virtual Training Course simply call us on the number below.
Course cost: £875.00 and can be split into 4 monthly payments if required. Please contact us directly for further detailed information and book your virtual attendance. Courses start when you are ready, just depending on availability.
07904 461 982
Start dates: May & September 2022
Early bird fee of £799 for May & September courses if booked now.
To support participants in developing the knowledge and understanding needed to be able to provide support for individuals, and others, in end of life situations.
- Those caring for the family members
- Funeral directors and celebrants
- Carers in care homes
- Professionals requiring a refresher relating to loss and bereavement
- Participant who wish to work as End of Life Doulas (in paid/unpaid roles)
- Know different perspectives on death and dying
- Understand how individuals are affected
- Understand the dying and grieving trajectory
- Outline factors that an affect our views on death and dying and the bereavement experience
Course Subjects inc:
- Loss, grief and bereavement
- What is spirituality
- Exploring who You are (Thrive 365)
- Communication skills 1
- The palliative trajectory
- Stages of dying
- Advanced care plans
- Boundaries and Limitations
- Exploring Advocacy, Dignity and Respect, Right to refuse as case studies
- Cultural and religious practices
- End of life care plan
- Social health systems – who to work with
- Basic meditation (mindfulness runs through all 4 modules)
- What is a Doula ?
Bite Size Virtual Classes
These will be available for specific topics and discussion at £25.00 session, dependent on numbers (but this does not constitute a Doula qualification). Please contact us for further information.